President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
Previously, Mr. Nassetta was President and Chief Executive Officer of Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc., a position he held since 2000. He joined Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. in 1995 as Executive Vice President and was elected Chief Operating Officer in 1997.
Before joining Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc., Mr. Nassetta co-founded Bailey Capital Corporation in 1991, where he was responsible for the operations of the real estate investment and advisory firm. Prior to founding Bailey Capital Corporation, he spent seven years at The Oliver Carr Company, ultimately serving as Chief Development Officer. In this role, he was responsible for all development and related activities for one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the mid-Atlantic region.
Mr. Nassetta serves on multiple boards and organizations including:
- World Travel & Tourism Council – Executive Committee Member for the organization that works to raise awareness of Travel & Tourism as one of the world's largest industries.
- International Youth Foundation – Board Member for the global organization that seeks to realize the power and promise of young people.
- Partners for a New Beginning – Member of the Steering Committee for the organization that deepens connections between the U.S. and local communities in the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia through public-private partnerships.
- CoStar Group, Inc. – Independent Director of the nation's leading provider of electronic commercial real estate information.
- The Real Estate Roundtable – Member and immediate past Chairman of the organization that brings together leaders of the nation's top public and privately-held real estate ownership, development, lending and management firms with the leaders of major national real estate trade associations to jointly address key national policy issues relating to real estate and the overall economy.
- Federal City Council – Member of the non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the improvement of the nation's capital.
- The Economic Club of Washington, D.C. – Member of the nonprofit that promotes collaboration among business leaders, government officials, and members of the diplomatic corps and creates a forum for them to express their views on the most important economic issues of the day.
- Arlington Free Clinic – Supporter of the non-profit, community-based, volunteer-driven organization that is committed to providing access to quality health care services to low-income, uninsured county residents.
- Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts – Director of the organization that offers excellent and innovative performing arts programs for the enrichment, education and enjoyment of diverse audiences and participants.
- The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts – Vice Chairman of the Corporate Fund, which ensures that our national cultural center is the nexus of the performing arts for dance, music and theater.
Mr. Nassetta graduated from the University of Virginia McIntire School of Commerce with a degree in finance. He currently serves on the McIntire School of Commerce Advisory Board.